Announcements: Week of May 29, 2017
The Lottery was processed on May 30th. We still have a few spots left, if you have friends or family interested the next draw is June 26th.
Here are our announcements for the week:
- Yearbook Time: ONLY 20 YEARBOOKS LEFT! Order your AAI 2016-2017 yearbook now! Custom 80-page color yearbook will contain memories from our 1st Call or visit the front desk to purchase.
- Fees/Schedules: Parents, the 2017-2018 master school schedules are finalized. We will be scheduling high school students at the end of this week. However, if any current 8th-11th grade student has any outstanding fees for this current school year, they will not be allowed to select elective classes until those fees are paid. Please pay fees at the front office. Questions regarding scheduling please contact Stacey Thompson.
- DRESS CODE: Parents, as the weather is warmer please make sure your students are dressed appropriately. No short shorts, bare midriffs, shirts that show undergarments (bra straps).
- Jr. High 80’s Dance: For all 7-8th graders. June 2nd, 6-7:30pm in the Gym.
- 6th grade Field Day: June 2nd, come dressed to get wet, no whites, no swimsuits.
- 6th grade Musical Theater Performance: June 6th at 2:30 in the Gym. Free. All invited.
- STEAM Showcase: June 7th 6-8:30 pm in the Gym.
- Studio Art Class Art Show: June 6th @ 7pm in the Gym.
- Lost and Found: Please have your student check for their belongings. Anything not claimed will be donated at the end of the year.
- FINALS: June 6th– B day finals, June 7th- A Day finals
- Last day of school, June 8th early out at 12:45pm. Locker checkout, Textbook return, Finalization of fees, Room cleaning, Yearbook signing.
- Grades: locked and finalized on June 15th, can be viewed on Aspire
- The Wright Driving Schoolis offering a summer drivers ed class that starts Monday June 5th @ 9:00 am at Summit Academy in Bluffdale and 1:00 pm at Providence Hall in Herriman. Please contact Mike Wright if you’d like to sign-up for one of these two classes – 801-209-2328.
- Building Hours: The building does not open until 7:45 am Mon – Fri. Please do not drop off your student(s) before this time.
- Cell phone use in class: Parents, please communicate with your students through the front desk and not their cell phones during class time. Teachers are having to collect cell phones before class due to too much disruption.
- Volunteer Hours Tracking: Our volunteer tracking software is up and running. If you have volunteer hours to report, please submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will input them directly into the system. We ask that families volunteer 30 hours per year. Parents are welcome to make a donation in lieu of hours at $30/hour. Please submit your hours to email@example.com.
support opportunities @ aai
- Building Cleaning Program: Saturdays. Please sign up using Sign up Genius if you are interested in volunteering.
- Robotics Education at AAI: We are looking for donations of LEGO Technix or LEGO Mindstorms sets, for corporate or private sponsors, and for mentors (no prior experience required). For more information, please contact Peter Green at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit FIRSTinspires.org.